About Me

Monday, February 14, 2022

FOCUS

This week's theme is "Focus" for me. Before I jump to that, let me tell you about the family status right now.

First, I must say BIL has recovered and we all are at the Ankara apartment. This is a pretty big place and SIS still sleeps in a separate room. 

Today, they went out to run some errands and start some bureucracy regarding his mom's passing. He is an only child and according to our law, he and his dad inherit everything. His dad 1/4th and him, 3/4. He has his dad's POA so, he can handle everything without having to drag his dad around.

SIS will go back to Izmir this weekend, BIL will probably stay for another week.

They are both fed up with their draining work environment due to poor management. They are considering early retirement but, I made some calculations for them last night (yeah I like to crunch numbers over and over till they cannot be crunched anymore) and it is unlikely for them to retire before March 2025 which is not that far off. BIL seems especially drained and these few weeks he stayed away from the workplace, he got quiet detached. 

His father is still in a shock despite the fact that, his mom was bed ridden during the last ten years and she could not communicate at all. The caregiver will continue to look after him because, he cannot be left alone anymore. He is turning 84 this month.

As for "Focus", I have decided to focus on my part-time work this week. I am hoping to go back home Thursday or Friday, depending on the weather and the roads. Before then, I want to line up some strong potential candidates to interview.

I have two clients and both required 3 different positions each. I think, I will be able to fill two positions at client B this week. The other position will perhaps be filled by themselves. However, if they can't, I have candidates ready to be submitted. They were reluctant to modify their pay level but, it seems they are now offering this person they have found, quiet a high salary. He works at a prominent company so, it is highly likely that he will decline their offer. They had rejected my candidates on paper just because, they were asking for more money. Now that things have changed, I will be able to send my candidates. Even if they do hire their person, I will be very happy because, I really disliked their approach so far and would like to be done with them. 

As for client A, my candidate to replace the one who rejected their offer, had an interview this morning with the boss. If it went well, she will go through an assesment. Now I have two more positions to fill. I hope to be done by the end of April and not take on anymore business in the summer. 

So, you see why I need to focus.

Wishing everyone a very nice week and a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing your BIL well as he deals with everything. The red tape can be overwhelming sometimes.
    Fingers crossed everything goes well ( and quickly) with your head hunter job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely bet your BIL feels drained, what with the trauma of losing his mom and then the stress of all the administrative tasks (not to mention worrying about his dad). If you're right about when they can retire, while it might not seem that far away I think the final year/months are probably the worst. They drag on so long. Fingers crossed for them both! And good luck with your candidates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your BIL is drained and not much interest in continuing to work somewhere with the poor management. Hopefully they can crunch numbers to make it work or at least now get the plan in place to retire as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete