About Me

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Sad Day for The Family

My BIL's mom passed away today. She has been in a vegetative state for most of the last 10 years and I know her suffering is over now. So, in a way, her death is a blessing. My BIL is an only child  and he was very close to his mom. It was torture for him to see his mom as an invalid for so long, yet he misses her badly.

The funeral is tomorrow. 

My sister jumped on the first plane she could find and I drove over to Ankara. Since, BIL has COVID, we are both staying at our friends' homes.

SIS, her bestie and I will deal with the bureucracy which is really not a big deal and BIL will bring his father to the funeral. The father possibly has COVID too and they actually should not be outside. They will keep their distance from everyone and pay their respects one last time. I did not have the heart to stop them or even saying something about that. Besides, the funerals are held in open space not inside.

Uncle wanted to come but, we stopped him. BIL insisted that he should not come because, it is a much longer drive and his driving skills aren't what they used to be especially in the dark. There are snowy passes over the mountains and there really is nothing he can do to comfort BIL.

His mom was a very sweet lady and she treated my SIS as a daughter rather than a daughter-in-law. She and mom became good friends too. I only have good memories with her. 

Hope, she will rest in Peace. 

Goodbye Aunt S... 


16 comments:

  1. So sorry for your family's loss. My oldest brother was in a vegetative state for 18 months before he died. No fun....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy. May your brother rest in Peace.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending good thoughts to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I call a sad blessing. I am sorry for the family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your family's loss. Hopefully she is in peace now and no more suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry and hope your BIL finds peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss but you're right, there are times when death comes as a blessed relief (even if it doesn't feel that way at the time)! Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss and am glad you can all be together to honor and remember her.

    ReplyDelete