About Me

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Mom's Apartment Sold

I came to Ankara yesterday since the Real Estate Broker called me the other day that mom's old apartment would be sold. So, I hopped in my car and got here.

Today, my sister and I received the payments and I transferred the deed. The place had been vacant since last November when she moved and we did not know what to do with it till she died.

It was an easy procedure. My portion is going to my savings accounts. I like to keep my eggs in separate baskets so, I am going to be funding my TL and USD accounts and buying some gold coins.

I am returning back on Saturday. 

Tomorrow I have two Zoom meetings and some chores to take care of. Then I am going to have dinner with my childhood friends again. Open air, social distance and all...


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the apartment sale. Seems like a quick transaction. Selling/closing on real estate here is a slow, often headache producing process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When mortgage is used during a sale, it takes a while here too but, still it is a simpler process. The buyer paid cash so, it was just them transferring the money to our accounts and I, signing the deed over to them. No inspection, nothing.

      Delete
  2. I envy the quick sale. We are still cleaning everything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was empty. Mom had moved in November so, it was easy. As for her belongings, we are using them in the apartment we all share when we visit Ankara. Her personal belongings are still in her room. I actually wore one of her blouses today.

      Delete