About Me

Friday, August 21, 2020

TGIF?

Honestly, after retirement, every day is the same and I do miss TGIFs. When I was working, it was something I used to look forward to. These days, I work rarely. 

When I was little, before my sister was born, every Friday my dad used to come home from work, change his clothes and take my mom and me on a bus ride to downtown to have dinner. The bus service was provided by his workplace and so was our apartment. We did not have a car back then. He and mom had a handful of favorite spots to go. Although we stopped doing it after SIS was born, and after mom started working too, it stuck with me. When I was working, I would always find an excuse to not go directly home after work. I just do not like to be home on Friday nights. It has been a habit from those early times of my life. I always fantasized about a place like Cheers to go after work but, that never happened. Lol! Nowadays, I am always home. Sigh...

Today, I had two interviews scheduled with my second part-time job. I met two very nice people over Zoom. One of them was overqualified for the position in hand. The other one is well suited but, I do not know if she would be willing to leave her comfort zone. Both are good additions to our database.

This morning, I had the natural gas service cancelled at my mom's old apartment. I did not have time to deal with the electricity but, I know I can do it in Istanbul. I also re-activated a new account at a bank I no longer worked with.

I came home to have a late breakfast, had my two Zoom meetings and now, I am relaxing. For dinner I am meeting babyhood friends.

Hope, everyone has a nice weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend also! For me everyday is pretty much the same now too, and I am stuck at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely a routine that sets in when you're retired isn't there, and yes days can all look and feel the same. That being said, I prefer to go out now during the week rather than the weekends because I know it'll be quieter! For some reason I still don't like Sunday evening though! Hard to please aren't we!

    ReplyDelete