About Me

Monday, August 17, 2020

Sunday by the Black Sea

 Yesterday I went to viist a friend who has a summer house by the Black Sea. It was a very nice day and the water was awesome. To give the readers an idea; here is a map:

As you can see, our neighbors are Greece, Bulgaria, Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Iran, Iraq and Syria. ,

We share the Black Sea with Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia and Georgia. 

The sea between Greece and Turkey is called the Aegean and our southern coastline is the Mediterrenean. I keep mentioning Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir and Antalya and you can see them all on this map.

It felt good to swim and just be in the water. My friends, a nice couple whom I have known for the last twenty years were happy to see me after many months, may be almost a year. After sitting at the beach in a shade and swimming, we barbecued some steaks and then went back to the beach to enjoy the amazing sunset.

Here are a few photos of my beautiful Sunday:




Today, I had an old filling replaced and now that the anesthesia wore out, it started aching. On Wednesday, I am going to get the work started on my implant. It is a great thing that my dentist is a HS buddy. I trust him. He is my Tooth Fairy. Lol!

I will take a pain killer and rest a little bit.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day and place! I'm glad you went and had fun. With so much coastline on three different seas do you have a favorite place to go on each sea or do you prefer one sea over the others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of favorite spots but, I think I love Kas (small beach town on the Mediterrenean) best. The water is cooler and without fussing with sand, you can jump right in the water. It is crystal clear too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I did not know how much I needed it.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Beautiful pics - thanks for sharing! & the map is helpful! Love learning about people's lives in other countries! Glad you were able to get away for some R&R! Good luck on your tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! I am so glad you went to see a friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that short visit lifted my mood considerably.

      Delete
  5. It looks so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete