About Me

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Busy and Hot day

Today was 37 ℃  (98.6 ℉) and yet I still had some stuff to take care of. I cancelled mom's Cable TV subscription. After that, I went to a Notary to get some more documents notarized. 

These two were easy to do. I then went to cancel her land line but found out that the Internet comes with the land line. I wanted to keep the internet so, I had to fill a gazillion forms with the same info over and over again so that, they can transfer the title to me. It will get processed for a few days and when the transfer is finalized, I will cancel the landline and keep the Internet. 

As I was finishing my errands, a former colleague and a good friend called me and we decided to go to a Starbucks. I haven't been in one since February or may be even January. We sat outside away from a few people who were also there.

We chatted for about an hour and a half and then on the way home, I just went into a grocery store to grab something for dinner. I will make sandwiches for tomorrow for the road. I also got gas so that, I can just get in my car and not stop till I get home.

I intend to do a grocery shopping once I am back in Istanbul and just keep at home for a while. 

As I was filling out the dreadful forms today, I have realized that it has exactly been 2 months since mom passed. Between her 77 day ICU ordeal at the hospital and the shelter-in-place orders I do not think I know what hit us. It is just a blur and the void inside of me is still huge.

What a year this is...

I must go pack up my little suitcase, organize the paperwork, make the sandwiches and just be ready to hit the road tomorrow. I was planning to wash my sheets but, I will just place them in the washer. Sister can take care of that when she comes back here. Hanging up laundry for three weeks to a month does not make any sense. It will only collect dust.

6 comments:

  1. This is a difficult road we are walking. Glad you were able to break up the path with a visit and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Anne. Whenever I feel sad upon reflecting over what happened, I think of you too. I now realize that having a family of my own would have helped as I read about yours. Well, it wasn't meant to be for me. I wish all the best, lots of love and health to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Hello T'Pol! Thank you for your note and for thinking of me. I'm doing fine - just been a bit unmotivated to blog, that's all. Focusing on other things at the moment, but hope you are doing well. Hope to be back soon, though! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are doing OK. Miss your posts.

      Delete
  3. You are keeping busy. I hope you had a good drive home. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good but a long drive home. I am so tired now. Have a good weekend Jan

      Delete