About Me

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Saturday things

Today, I folded and put away all the laundry I had been ignoring. Then I swept and washed the floors of my kitchen and the entrance to my apartment. Since, I got rid of all the junk at the entrance, it looks very spacious and nice. Now it smells nice too.

As I type this, two eggs are boiling on the stove. I am having egg salad on top of a mixture of onions, tomatoes and cucumbers for dinner tonight.

I also need to take out the last piece of work I was dealing with to go over it. The customer had stopped that due to the pandemic but, as we approach the Fall, they want us to go ahead. Seems like work may resume. We will see about that.

The Fall is definitely in the air. Now, I realize it gets darker much earlier than in June and the breeze is cooler with some of the trees slightly turning color. I am sure there will be warmer days but, the change is in the air.

I am invited to a friend's summer home for the day tomorrow. Initially, I did not want to go but, these types of things may help shake my depressed state of being. So, I'm going.

I also got another invitation from one my of friends whom I work with. She says she is working from her summer home and we could work together and still enjoy the beach. I think,  I will go. After that, I think I will go visit my uncle for a few days. He sounds like he is missing us. My SIS and BIL are not sure whether they will be able to take time off this year. 



4 comments:

  1. I think you should go!!! One way I judge the encroaching days of fall, is by tracking how close the sun comes to setting over land when I am at our camp. The best sunsets are over water, so it's a bit sad when the sun moves south to set over land. I think we only have a few weeks left. By September, the water is out of play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning towards going as well. I hope to catch some sunsets over the water since I am going to the Aegean Coast.

      Delete
  2. Do whatever it takes to shake some of the depression and loneliness. I think I am very fortunate that Son3 and DIl3 came for an extended visit when they did. It has been wonderful to have someone to talk to during the day, plus it has been greater to have someone to laugh with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Will try my best to keep occupied and not feel lonely.

      Delete