About Me

Monday, March 21, 2022

Beginning of the week

It is a nice day today so, I took the opportunity to do a quick grocery run mostly for salad greens and fish.

I bought a package of fresh salad greens and salmon. For the next three days, there will be salad and grilled fish or chicken for dinner. Easy and healthy! 

Today, I also picked two jars of peanut butter but, as I was trying to put them in my grocery bag, dropped one. It was a glass jar. Talk about food waste. I picked it up carefully, wrapped it up and tossed it in the garbage. Ugh! 

I was rushing because someone pulled behind me and waiting for my spot. Why do I care I don't know. There were plenty of spots so, if someone decided to wait for me, they could have waited for as long as I needed. 

Decided to get back to keeping a food journal. It was helping me a lot so, better get back on track.

Today it is in mid 40's and not but freezing cold anymore. All the snow melted. They say we may expect some more snow in a week or so but, I am sure, it will be nothing. Looking out, it is nice to see a clear blue sky and sunlight for a change.

The peonies I bought thrived on the balcony. They look lovely and last a long time. From now on, they will be my go to flowers.

My Internet provider has been driving me crazy lately so, I decided to pull the trigger and get Fiber Internet from another provider. The installation will be tomorrow. After that, I will cancel the other service. There will be a penalty but at this point, I do not care. I called them several times saying that some of my devices could no longer connect to the internet but, they kept saying averything was fine with their service and may be my devices had problems. Well, they don't because, they connect to other services. So, today I called them up to learn the penalty and you should have been on the phone with me. Ugh! The call center agent kept speaking non-stop saying things like they could also offer Fiber, that they did not want to lose me, blah blah blah! I kept saying, "please, I have made up my mind, just tell me the penalty for termination" several times. Finally, I got the answer I wanted. It is almost the same amount of money if I kept the service till the end of the term so, may be I will have them run parallel instead of giving them all the money at once.

If they had showed the same effort to escalate my case to a technical person, I am sure, it would've been just fine. I am so fed up with this company. The only account I will have remaining with them will be the TV service in Antalya. Uncle has problems with that too but, they cannot/ will not solve them. As soon as the contract is up, I will change that as well. For now, it is not a big issue. 

Wishing everyone a nice week!

10 comments:

  1. These companies are the worst. Once a bunch of devices in my home stopped running - it was because the modem was not set up correctly. I had them come and re-do the work. Not my fault that it stopped in the first place. Hopefully the service is better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I guess all over the world they are the same. What nonsense, right? I watch YouTube videos and look at technical forums to fix my problems.

      Delete
  2. Happy first day of spring. We velebrated Nouroz yesterday and it was a beautiful sunny day here in the Northeast. I hate calling this companies too. I have Fios ( Verizon) which is suppose to be the best but still you can stay on the phone for a long time waiting for an agent. My TV goes mute on it’s own. I used to call until I learned that I can simply reboot. If I am watching an interesting program, I loose a couple minutes even when I have a DVR
    I am surprised that you you still get a lot of snow at this time of the year. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year the winter was colder than usual. This is cyclical. Some years we have an unusually warm and dry winter, some years we get even more snow.

      Delete
  3. We are hoping to be over the snow here, too.........but I wouldn't be surprised if we still see another light one. I'm so ready for spring! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how you suddenly become a "valued customer" when you tell them you want to cancel, isn't it. Good for you for sticking to your guns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I need help, they are very limited and reluctant. Also, hard to reach. When I want to cancel, they are all over me as to what can they do to keep me as a customer.

      Delete
  5. We have the same issues here. I don't understand why they wait until you are fed up with the service and cancel to offer help or good deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that most annoying? The worst part is that,these companies are huge and they make tons and tons of money.

      Delete