About Me

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Busy Day

I needed to work quiet a bit today and now by 5 p.m., I am still not done yet. However, I will stick the roaster in the oven and go exercise before I return to doing what I need to get done.

A roaster means many meals so, I like to have one every once in a while. I think I will make mashed potatoes to go with it. Had a very light lunch of leeks cooked in olive oil.

I am deliberately not buying bread these days because bread is my kryptonite. 

It is still very cold here but most of the snow melted away. They say, we should be expecting one last snowstorm before the Spring arrives. 

I will go to Ankara late March for my part-time consultancy gig with the medical association. While I am there, I may stay and spend some time with friends. Initially, I was thinking of going to Ankara, staying there for a month and then going to Antalya for 6-7 weeks but that will be a very long time from home and if I finally pull the trigger to go visit my BFF in the US in July, that's even longer.

So, I will go for work, stay a bit longer, come back and go to Antalya later on. I also need to do the math on my gas consumption for those long drives. I know everyone has been affected by the gas prices but noone has been as affected as we are. During the last two months gas doubled in price over here. Yes! You read it right. Doubled!

May be I will go to Izmir to see my SIS and BIL and go to Antalya from there. Just can't decide yet.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

8 comments:

  1. I feel for you. Do you get gas from Russia. Here it has gone up at least 50%. I don’t believe when they say inflation is only 7.5 %. Produce and meat went up more than 50%. I am cutting on my driving. When the weather is nice, I walk to the supermarket in the center of my town and buy what I can carry. I can do this at 3 times a week. It’s motivate me to walk. I would love to meet you if you come to NY but July and August are not the best weather wise as you must know., too humid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We buy from gas from Russia and some Arab countries I believe. It is awful. I can tell you that. I would love to meet you if I come to NY. Yes, I know it is the horrid season but, my bestie is a teacher so, she wants us to hang around by the pool and have all the time to ourselves.

      Delete
  2. That's a huge jump in gas price in just 2 months. It's so scary what is happening to everything. It's neat that you don't mind going away for extended periods. I would not like it at all. I like my own bed, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to travel so, I do not mind being away from home but, it always feels wonderful to get back home.

      Delete
  3. With gas going up I guess everyone is consolidating all trips.
    I know you will enjoy your work trip and visit to see your sister.
    I hope you will decide to visit your best friend. Now days I think we are all finding how important human connections are to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Even after I retired, I used to socialize quiet a bit pre-Covid. I never knew how important it was to meet a friend at a coffee shop or gather with friends around a dinner table. I was also spending tons of time with mom and I used to hug and kiss her every day. I miss that terribly.

      Delete
  4. Our gas prices have pretty much doubled too, although if I understand correctly Macron has promised a 15 cent reduction per litre for four months as from 1 April. There couldn't be an election in the air could there??? Yes, oh what a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! Isn't that terrible? An Honest Politician is an oxymoron, don't you think?

      Delete