About Me

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Early Bird

I am not a morning person at all. I can't fall asleep easily at night and get up several times to visit the bathroom. I usually fall asleep very late and get up very late. This surely kills almost half of the day when others are functional.

Despite the fact that I avoid meetings in the morning like the plague, sometimes I can't. Today was one of those days and I got up at 9 a.m. (I know, for most people even that is late). Had an interview with a very pleasant young men at 10 o'clock. He turned out to be way overqualified, well compensated and proud of what he is doing at his current job. I learn so much from the candidates I interview. This is the only good thing about this headhunting job.

My assistant, one of our young employees, had written three reports to be submitted to the Client on the previously interviewed candidates. I read them and made some adjustments although, I must say she is getting pretty good at this. I know she is honestly trying very hard and even asking her peers to read what she has written before sending them to me. She is a really nice young woman about 24 or 25. Her mother passed away when she was just 10. So unfortunate! If we have time I always make a point of chatting with her a while after we hang up with the candidates.

I sent the updated reports to the Client and then read a long contract for my other semi-volunteer job, sent my comments and I was done for the day workwise. I answer e-mails any time I see something in my inboxes and do not consider them work at all.

Then I looked at my watch and it was not even 1 p.m. yet. Wow! Early Bird does get the worm. I wish, I could repair my broken sleeping cycle. Tried everything. I even gave up electronic gadgets after 9 p.m. I shall keep on trying.

I spoke to my dad's cousin and she invited me over for dinner on Saturday. She told me I should stay overnight because, she wants to drink and chat. I do not like sleepovers much but, I like her a lot. So, I accepted her offer. She lives at an Art Deco Style historical building. Her apartment is on the top floor and has a panoramic view of the Bosphorus. Crazy expensive place. There is also a Russian restaurant since 1943 in the same building. I tried to find out when the building was built but, couldn't find anything online. I shall ask her.

12 comments:

  1. I'm lucky if I can stay awake past 9:30 LOL, so it's pretty easy for me to get up by 7, 7:30 at the latest is all I can sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a morning person either, although I had to get up at 6 a.m. when I was working. One of the great joys of retirement is setting my own schedule. But I'm also like you that if I went to bed at 10 p.m. I'd be up and done at 1 a.m. so I tend to go around 12.30, and then get up 7.30-8.00! I guess somewhere in the womb our biorythmns were set and there's not an awful lot we can do to change them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Mom was born the same year. Wish you a long, healthy and prosperous life Sillygirl!

      Delete
  4. I am not a morning person either and can rarely get to sleep before 2. Even so I generally am awake by 7 at the latest. Like you I try to change mine, but it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is; I go to sleep at 2:00 but, can never get up before 11. If I were like you, I would be fine with that. Just curious though: Do you nap during the day?

      Delete
  5. There are so many features of modern life that are the same around the globe! Doing remote interviews is surely not one of the desirable ones!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I like the fact that we can do interviews online. This city is too crowded and the traffic is really bad. Saves a ton of time.

      Delete
  6. My sleeping pattern are something awful. Can’t sleep more than 4 hours. I go to sleep late and get up early, but I stay in bed reading. It doesn’t matter what time you go to bed as long as you get at least 7 hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I hit late 40's I could sleep like a baby. It's been out of whack ever since.

      Delete