About Me

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Sneezing Season is Here!

Spring has sprung as if there wasn't snow on the ground just two weeks ago. It was a windy day in upper 60's. I realized there was quiet a lot of pollen stuck on my car. Too bad it can't be washed off till I come back from Ankara.

I tried packing very lightly so, it took some time trying different outfits. I did not need to wear any business clothes in the last two years so, it was a bit difficult to decide on things to wear. For three days, I am taking two jackets, one black and one navy pair of pants. Tops were easier to pick. 

I am taking one cabin size suitcase and a backpack. My purse goes into the backpack.

I will take a cab to the train station. Going home from Ankara station to the apartment is tricky. I will need a cab and a metro ride. I do not understand why they built the train station without any connection to the metro line. Some genius must be behind that decision. 

I need to participate in meetings on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (half days). Monday I am meeting a friend, Tuesday, I am taking my uncle to his check-up, Wednesday, meeting with two friends. I haven't planned the rest of the time. Will try to make the best of it.

I am a bit scared because of the meetings. They will be held at a huge congress center but still, I will not take off my N95 mask. Wish me luck!

Hope, everyone is having a good time this week. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Tpol and you are absolutely right about wearing your mask as covid numbers are going up again. Enjoy your visits with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. It has been a very tiring day today. Looking forward to the 6th really. Till then, things are busy.

      Delete
  2. Over time I've gotten better at packing light, but then when I've had to carry my own heavy suitcase it puts things into perspective about how much I "need"! It's different for you I guess as you need to pack a "professional" outfit, rather than just vacation clothes. Either way, I hope you have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I think I did a good job packing light. Having a few pieces here in this apartment in Ankara helps too.

      Delete