About Me

Friday, March 18, 2022

To Snow or Not To Snow

I don't know what the snowmakers up in the sky are thinking. It goes dark all of a sudden and snow starts coming down like crazy and in 20 minutes it stops, the sky clears, the snow melts. Then it starts snowing again. This cycle kept repeating all day long. They predict snow all through the weekend but, I do not think, it will stay on the ground the way it looks. 

I had two interviews today and I will be sending the reports on these candidates to the customer. I called another person and she outright refused it saying that she knew the workplace and the boss. She said, she would be open to other opportunities. I liked her candor and she sounded like a pleasant person.

So, this weekend, I will try to see if I can find anymore candidates. If not, I am ready to throw the towel. 

The cabbage rolls turned out real tasty. I serve them with plain yogurt. I have three more servings left. I will freeze two servings for later. I will make another dish with the remaining cabbage. Although it was a rather small one, you can get so many meals out of one, may be even too many. Lol! Well, they say eat veggies and fruits in season and I am doing that. Luckily, it freezes well.

SIS and BIL are on their way to Ankara. They will check on BIL's dad. His regular caregiver is thankfully back from her country. Now that the bedridden patient has passed, she will not have much to do around the apartment. She is a kind hearted, hard working lady and she took care of BIL's mom so well. I am sure it was a very difficult and depressing job for her. 

On an entirely different note, I am a big fan of the Star Trek Franchise (can you tell?) and having watched the final episode of Season 4 of ST: Discovery, I don't think I can ever forgive the writers of this show. They have so much material, incredible technical advancements, such interesting characters and yet they always manage to turn it into a big, outrageously romantic or rather mushy drama. I think this show is the worst of the whole franchise. I don't know their ratings but, if it does not come back for a 5th season, I will not be surprised. With STD for an abbreviation, I shouldn't have expected more I guess.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend. I know some fellow bloggers out there have already started enjoying early days of Spring. I am looking forward to it too.



 


8 comments:

  1. Enough with the snow,! Sunday is Nourouz and the first day of Spring. We had a gorgeous day in Northern NJ, 73 and sunny. I had lunch with a friend at an Italian Bistro and we strolled throughout the Town. It felt so good. I am not watching much this days but I am reading a book by the Egyptian Alaa Al Aswan: The Republic of False Truths. The same author who wrote the Yacoubian Building. Have a good weekend and hope for a beautiful day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No beautiful days in sight yet. 34 degrees and will be below 50 for the next 10 days. Enjoy your spring!

      Delete
  2. I also admire your candidate for being so honest about not wanting that job - that's my kind of person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! She was firm but very gentle. I liked the way she talked. We conversed a bit about what she does and what we do.

      Delete
  3. It is definitely spring here and the great pollen dump has begun. I have the windows and doors open today, but this is probably the last day for it. Achoo!
    I have a couple of cabbages and you have inspired me to make cabbage rolls (unless I get lazy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, enjoy your spring. The cabbage rolls are a bit annoying to make but they turned out really yummy. So, I say go for it!

      Delete
  4. I kind of like the spring snow that doesn't stick around long, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get a lot more snow than I do so, I am sure it gets old after a while.

      Delete