About Me

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Hump Day

Today, I had two interviews but, I am not sure about the candidates.  Tomorrow, I will try some more candidates and try to set up interviews. I feel like I am reaching the end of the talent pool that I can access.  

I looked back and saw that I have found 200+ possible candidates, eliminated more than half and registered 101 candidates on our tool, eliminated 20+ after reviewing CVs, called 70+ to see if they are interested, half of them declined, interviewed about 24-25, sent 14 to the customer and had 1 (Yes One!) hired. 

A person who actually enjoys working as a headhunter must be envious of Sisyphus. Ugh!

The companies think that everybody will come running to work for them and the candidates think, they should be paid top dollar. 

Anyhow, today I walked to the nearest Mall and returned an item to Decathlon. While I was at the Mall, I grabbed a couple of bottles of body wash, some dental floss, wet wipes that I use to clean the toilet, toothpaste and a couple of other small items I needed. On the way home, I quickly went tinto the grocery store, grabbed salad greens, a celery stalk, a small cabbage and chopped meat. I will make cabbage rolls stuffed with a meat, onion and rice mixture. Never made that before so, wish me luck. I hope, I watched enough YouTube videos. My grandmas used to make cabbage rolls with the meat stuffing and a rice only stuffing which is served cold. May be I will do the same.

I think, I will not need another grocery run till the 31st when I will be leaving for Ankara except for vegetables and salad fixings.

Uncle had a gout attack recently and I can tell he freaked out due to so much pain. He cut all his alcohol consumption and foods that have high purine content. I took the opportunity to convince him for a full check-up. I will take him to my eye doctor as well. Yay me! He avoids doctors like the plagues and he is a Pharmacist. Go figure!

The hump day is almost over for me. Stay safe and healthy!


6 comments:

  1. For some reason no one seems to need to work anymore. I don't get it but everywhere I look when I am in the car are places of every kind with big Help Wanted signs everywhere.
    Good luck with the cabbage rolls. I love those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I rolled the cabbage or it rolled me buti the outcome is good. I may make this once every year. Not more. Lol!

      Delete
  2. For cabbage dolma, I put the whole head in a big pot with some water to steam the leaves, then I remove the outer leaves when they are soft, and continue the same with the rest until done. I stuff mine the Algerian way with group meat( beef or lamb), onion, very little rice, parsley, an egg. We cook the dolmas in a white sauce made of pieces of lamb and onions. This recipe is specific to Algiers left by the Ottoman Empire. Some suggests to put the whole head in the freezer to wilt the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for the egg and white sauce, I do it exactly the same way. I cook them in tomato sauce.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear your uncle was not well but well done you on convincing him to go to a doctor. I don't think it's being a pharmacist that prevents him from going to a doctor - I think it's because he's a man!!! If they had to go through what we women go through ..... Hope he feels better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! He is already doing better. He was in so much pain that, he put himself on a very strict diet.

      Delete