About Me

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Distancing

Due to COVID-19, it has become essential to socially distance ourselves from others, pay attention to hygiene and wear masks when out and about. Clear rules. 

Although, it is difficult to stay away from friends and family, when push comes to shove, it must be done. It is not so hard to distance yourself from people especially if you live alone like I do. However, I find it hard to distance myself from my own brain. Negative thoughts surface so quickly and I feel depressed when I overthink and overanalyze things of the past that I can no longer change.

Recently to avoid myself, I started to watch the cheesy Hallmark Movies. Most of them are about Christmas. I love the decorations so, they are pleasant to look at but, they are all pretty girls, handsome guys, one minor misunderstanding, a big happy ending and oh! everything is so romantic! Yeah right... There is a saturation point with these movies too. So, only one per day, no more!

I am thinking exercise might also help so, I will come up with a routine which has some sort of variety because treadmill gets old fast. Walk Away The Pounds videos and some Yoga or Pilates may be? I dislike the floor exercises so, I found a few online Standing Pilates videos I would like to try.

Today I got up late as usual and before I ate and showered, I vacuumed the floors. I decided to treat myself to a brunch of crackers, avocado and smoked salmon with coffee. It was yummy.

Gotta go and put the dishes away before preparing dinner. I am thinking of deep cleaning and re-organizing my kitchen cabinets and drawers too. One of these days...

7 comments:

  1. Pilates is a wonderful addition to walking as exercise. I had to smile at your closing thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give it a shot. I am not flexible at all so, I am hoping it might help.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tpol, yes, exercise can change your mood. I get up early ( not by choice). I Do about for 2.2 mile, have a breakfast( I make the most delicious pancake with 2 eggs, almond flour, some blueberries, top with cinnamon and sugar free syrup). I teach a class at 10:00 am, when I finish around 11:20 i go for another walk. I usually go out 3 times a day and walk a minimum of 5 miles per day. I lost weight and I am feeling a lot better. I am not starving myself but pay attention to sugars and carbs. I am diabetic and have high blood pressure. I hope that I continue like this because I have a history of yo-yo dieting, Now, it’s about lifestyle change and staying healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You're such an inspiration! 5 miles a day is awesome.

      Delete
  3. Here's what I've been doing since COVID started to keep myself on track: gratitude journaling, a few minutes a day on DuoLingo (I'm learning Spanish), reading, exercise, meditation... I also try to eat healthy & I'm successful most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips. Success most of the time is pretty awesome. Kudos!

      Delete
  4. T'Pol, have you looked at any chair yoga classes on line? They are fantastic for those who don't want the floor routine. The classes are very popular here, with a wait list ( my momma goes 2-3 times a week). it's helped her balance and core strength). I've been watching a few cheesy movies a week... It helps. getting outside is vital right now. Put your mask on, and go for a gander about... It is a hard time right now... hugs

    ReplyDelete