About Me

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Pants and Jackets: Final Edition.... Tops? Coming Soon

Pheww! I'm done! I selected 6 pairs of pants, 1 Gray, 1 Black, 4 Navy. And no, none of the tailor-made ones made the list. I found that my shape and the fashion has changed considerably. If times were normal, if I was working full-time and intended to work for at least another 5 years, I would have taken about 5 of them for alterations. The fabrics were the best. But, hey, a challenge is a challenge right?

Here are the winners:


It was easy to select 4 jackets because there were only 7 to begin with. I have set aside a black jacket to go with the gray pants, a mustard colored jacket and a blue-gray jacket to go with the navy ones. One of the jackets is thick and can be worn in cooler days. I kept my beloved "pied de poule" jacket to go with the black pants.

The picture is not so great but, here it is:


Tops will be rather easy because I do not have a whole lot of them anymore. It will be a matter of selecting the ones to go with the selected pants and jackets. Now it is time to go wipe down the section of the closet to place my new work wardrobe. I wonder how much use they will get.

I was planning to go to the grocery store to get the bags and other things today but, I just did not feel like it. 

I will give away the hangers too. I usually put such things in a box in front of my apartment and put a sign that says they are free to take and they usually go real fast. In the past, I have given away some books and some knick-knacks that way. Wish we had garage sales here although, I understand they are a lot of work.

I have a pair of brand new skis and two tennis rackets I would like to sell. I never sold anything online before. I also have a very old pair of ski boots. I do not know if they can still be used. I will give them away for free along with the skis. 

I am just hoping that my motivation keeps going. There are a bunch of things that need to be taken care of. All the closets need to be re-organized. I hope, I will be able to do all this before the end of the year. 

My sleep problems have re-surfaced. I cannot go to sleep before 3-4 a.m. and I get up around noon time. Why my day is so upside down I do not know. Today, I tried to get up at 8, 8:30 and at 10:00 but, each time I turned off the alarm because I needed the sleep. I need to get more tired during the day so, I think I will try to exercise and keep physically more active during the day.

13 comments:

  1. We have a truck coming to Mom's on Monday for the remaining odds and ends in her house. I need to finish changing over my winter clothes, make decisions about what to keep then bag some things and take them to her house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you are done with your mom's house. Will you put it up for sale immediately or are you planning any work such as paint, etc.?

      Delete
    2. Mom had several falls and dinged the walls. We are having them repaired and another coat of waterproof paint in the basement closet, just because it has gotten a little banged up over the years. Everything else is in really good shape. We are hoping to have it sold before the first of the new year.

      Delete
  2. You are making progress! You sound like my dh with your sleep hours. Several years ago he was staying up until like 3 or 4 am, then going to bed until like 10am. It drove me nuts. The past few years he's doing better. Usually to bed around midnight at up 8 or 8:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did your husband get back to a normal routine? Did he use a certain technique such as audiobooks, herbal teas or anything like that?

      Delete
    2. No, he just gradually started getting up earlier, then he was tired earlier. I think he started "unplugging" himself from the computer/phone and then would find he'd start falling asleep on the couch or his recliner because he didn't have anything to keep his brain focused on.

      Delete
    3. I will definitely try to unplug too. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. That ended up being a nice capsule work wardrobe. I've heard that slowly going to bed a half hour earlier at a time plus exercise, turning off media and dimming lights an hour ahead of "bedtime", and no evening snacking can help reset your internal clock. No quick fixes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try those too. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  4. This has been a very hectic year for you and yet you have worked through it and accomplished so much. You've settled your mother's affairs, down-sized possessions and real estate - all very stressful things. I think you may need some escape TV or audio books for your evenings so you can just relax and not think for a few hours before bed. Also, a hot shower before bed can be so relaxing. Pamper yourself, you really deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EAS. I will try all suggestions because it really is annoying to kill half the day.

      Delete
  5. Not trying to sell anything but have you tried the embossed velvety type hangers? I ordered several sets from a home shopping and wow!! The selling point on tv was they took up so much less space and clothing stays on them with lots of colors..... I did order more as I was so happy with the function and the sense of order it gave my closet. I guess the down size is you can fit about twice the number of hanged clothes and I should purge more. I think similar are pretty common in lots of stores around the states and maybe there also. Who’d have thought hangers would make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried those velvet hangers but I use very good quality wooden hangers and once I purge, I will have ample space in my closets.

      Delete