About Me

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Who knew? Pants Edition: Part-II

Who knew that trying on 32 pairs (I found another one in hiding) would be a long and streneous exercise?

I admit I did not have to try all of them but, I had to try some of them twice to make up my mind. 

I cannot quiet remember who told me this but, good design is supposedly based on these three pillars: Form/Fit /Function. I would add Cost, Quality and Reliability to these but, I digress. I kept these in mind while making my selection and I kicked myself in the butt because of the ones I had to give away with tags still attached. 

When Evans and C&A decided to withdraw from Turkey, I remember running to the stores and buying many discounted pants and tops. I have worn all the tops and the money I have spent on them is OK. As for pants? Not so much.

I am a size. 18-20 US, 22-24 UK, 54 Turkish. I am tall (5'9"or 1.75cm or what is left of it after menopause), have a big butt and weirdly long legs. I always need to buy the Long versions of all pants or else, they look funny. 

As I was halfway through my exercise, one of my very very old friends called. Apparently, two of her neighbors had contact with COVID-19 positive people and now are waiting for their test results anxiously. When I told her what I was doing, she congratulated me and then told me today is a big sales event all over the country and that she had oredered some summer tops heavily discounted and urged me to look too. Gosh! I am trying to get rid of stuff! I laughed it off but of course, went online to look. Having worked for some textile companies as a consultant, I know their costs so, what seems to be a big discount is no discount at all. I shook my head and made myself a cup of coffee. Then I went back to work on my closet.

I must say I decided to call it a day, when my BFF called from the US to watch Bosch, Season 1 Last Episode.

So, I will be done with pants tomorrow. I need to walk to the small grocery store right by me to get some garbage bags to pack them. There is a collection box for clothing items and you cannot dump giant bags since, it's opening is rather small. So, I will put 4-5 pairs in smaller bags, mark them and put them in the boxes. I need to get eggs, carrots, cheese and walnuts so, the short walk to the grocery store is needed. 

Today, I had a gluten-free day and haven't felt sluggish at all. I wish it weren't so hard to give up bread and pasta. I don't think I will give them up totally but cutting down on them makes sense. 


8 comments:

  1. Wow, 32 pairs of trousers (I still can't get over it). But I know what you mean about the charity clothes bins having small openings. When I'm getting rid of stuff it has to go out of the house NOW - so it's a good excuse to take a small bag to the charity bin immediately before I reconsider. I sorted out another 7 tops today and am still going. I suspect you're going to get rid of more than me but at least it's a positive. Onwards and upwards my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Onwards and upwards! Taking this opportunity, I will wipe the insides of the closets too. Once this is all over I will be very proud of myself.

      Delete
  2. Did you pick the ones you want to keep? What makes them winners besides fitting well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Juhli. I hope to be done today and will post about it. When I try one on and think that it may be a keeper, I take a good and hard look to see if there are any stains or wear and whether the fabric is of good quality.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are making progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally have the mindset that if I have not worn something at least once during the year, it has to go to Goodwill. This year I did alter that because I had bought some spring duds early (Feb) and they were never worn except for the initial try on.I am getting rid of some of my winter clothes. Anything that I don't feel strongly about keeping is going out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best approach for managing a closet. Kudos to you! I hope to get there too.

      Delete