About Me

Friday, November 6, 2020

Drum roll please!

When it comes to doing things around the house, I am the queen of procrastination. Normally, my suitcase would sit on the floor for days and things would be scattered around. 

As soon as I got up today, I found the motivation to put my beach things away, exchange the contents of my IKEA SKUBB boxes, and neatly put away everything. So, now I have my warm clothes in my closet. YAY! All set to face the cold seasons.

Next job is to clean the refrigerator so that I can grocery shop. In the afternoon I must collect my deliveries from the Management Office, pick-up my meds from the Pharmacy. 

I still have too many clothes in my closet which I will never wear again. I just can't make up my mind. Most are work clothes which I have needed only three times this year. I can definitely get rid of a bunch. I guess, I am not mentally there yet.

Before I went to Ankara, my SIS was there and she took everything she thought she could wear from mom's closets. She also made a pile to give away. Now there are only night gowns, shawls and some shirts that I can wear. The rest are household things left from mom like bedding, towels, etc. which we can all use. 

I feel so accomplished and proud of myself because for once in my lifetime, I emptied my suitcase poperly right after getting back home and put it away. Small joys of life are the things that keep us going right?

Today is a very dark and rainy day. It is 13℃ which is 55℉. Only 10 days ago, I was at the beach using an umbreall to keep in shade. Lol! Well, it is getting colder in Antalya too. 

I hear my washing machine announcing that it is finished. I better go and hang up the laundry. 

6 comments:

  1. well done! I admit my suitcases sit around waiting for too long after a trip away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And imagine I live in a two bedroom apartment. If I leave it on the floor, that is a lot of space.

      Delete
  2. I’m staring at my suitcase sitting on a chair in my living room from a month ago :( I am usually this disorganized but now that little company comes over because of Covid I’ve added in a little more who cares attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. This virus is definitely changing our attitude in many ways.

      Delete
  3. Can I rent you? What is your hourly rate? I'm not getting much done lately either, and I know what you mean about "not being there yet" with clothes. Damn, I've got a closet full of work clothes that don't suit me, probably don't fit and I no longer work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You don't want to rent me. This is the first time ever and it is unlikely to happen again. Lol! s for work clothes, may be you and I should challenge ourselves to getting rid of them by the end of the month? Will post about this.

      Delete