About Me

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Prepping for the winter

With COVID-19 on the rise again, it looks like I shall be homebound this winter. I spend too much time on the Internet and I am determined to exercise, eat healthy and spend time doing different things each day.

Reading is my number one hobby so, there's that.

I found a lot of yarn and knitting needles among mom's belongings. I have crochet hooks and other knitting needles along with a lot of yarn at home too. Mom bought them but never had time to knit any of it. So, I have plenty of knitting and crochet material to play with.

I have always wanted to make granny squares and I will be trying my hand at that. I bought some very colorful yarn for granny squares.

I also have a coloring book for adults. It is buried somewhere in my bookcase. Time to dig that up and the coloring pencils too.

Add the sewing projects I already have on top of these, there is plenty to keep me occupied and happy. Well, I hope so anyway...

I think there will also be many Zoom Meetings with friends to fight the solitude. 

Today, I just felt this urge to go shopping. As I can not go to a Mall and wonder around carelessly, I walked into this store I really like. They offer very reasonably priced textile products. I bought myself two sweaters that I can wear at home during the winter. They are 50% real wool and 50% acrylic. Pure wool is hard to find and extremely expensive these days. Honestly, this mini shopping excursion felt good. Then I thought about this and believe it or not, my last shopping trip was in the US in January to buy something for myself. No wonder I felt like it.

Tomorrow, I am heading home (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing because my sister an I went to look at upholstery fabric yesterday and we both talked about how it felt exotic after spending so much time at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess everybody is feeling the same. Lol! I do miss the normal normal but, I am so scared of getting sick. I have to adapt to this new normal.

      Delete