About Me

Monday, November 2, 2020

85 to 40 in a week and a busy day

I was at the beach last Monday enjoying a beautiful 85 degree weather. Today, I went to my eye doctor early in the morning. And.... my car's thermometer said it was 40 degrees! Then I rushed back home to pack whatever my SIS and BIL left to be donated. I wrapped each pair of shoes individually and I placed the huge bags in my trunk.

I bought a nice potted cyclamen to bring to an old colleague and a good friend of my father's. We lived in the same neighborhood and my mom was also very good friends with his wife. Whenever I am here in Ankara, I always call them up to see if they need anything. The gentleman is bed ridden and his wife is 80 years old. She took me up on my offer this time and I took her to two grocery stores and she stocked up on quiet a few items. After bringing her purchase home, we visited for about half an hour and I kept my mask on. As I was saying goodbye, she gave me a huge bowl of Turkish style meat filled ravioli. I hadn't planned dinner so, I appreciated that very much.

I had to ditch a friend for lunch because I needed to visit two other older friends who know each other. If I had visited one and not the other, potentially, one might have felt hurt. Yeah! I know, I have sensitive friends. Oh and BTW, I had seen the friend I had to ditch just three weeks ago. Anyway, one of them got a potted cyclamen too and the other got a bouquet of gerberas. I will buy some potted chrysanthemums for myself when I go back home. Flowers always cheer one up. We all need some color and pretty things around us in these depressing times.

We sat with a good distance from each other at both houses and I kept my mask on when I was not eating or drinking. We may not be able to see each other in person for a long time in winter. We shall have to rely on apps to talk to each other. One of them gave me a butternut squash she grew. 

I stopped by the appropriate charity boxes for the donations and when I came home, I jumped in the shower, heated my dinner and gobbled it up. Then my BFF who lives in Upstate NY and I watched another episode of Bosch. I still have a few things to pack and need to put the kitchen in order. 

Tomorrow morning, I will load my car and pick up the lady I visited today. She told me she wanted to visit the cemetery and she had no means to go all by herself. So, we shall be visiting my parents and her son whom she lost in January. Mom knew her son well and she was devastated to learn that he had passed. After I drop the lady off at her home, I will take off to finally go back home.

I am sure, I will be very exhausted tomorrow night when I reach home. 


4 comments:

  1. It snowed here today and by Sat. it should hit 80F! Talk about temperatures swinging....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing. And some say global warming is not a thing. Go figure!

      Delete
  2. Sounds busy! I love the Bosch show (and books) too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never read the books. As soon as I finish my current stack, I should look for them.

      Delete