About Me

Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday the 13th

I remember being dragged to the first Friday the 13th movie by mom, way back when I was possibly at 8th or 9th grade. Yikes! I still do not like Horror Movies. She loved them. Thankfully, there are only three and a half hours for today to be over and no problems so far. Lol! 

Today I took a break from purging and took it easy. I even treated myself to sushi because, I had such a craving. I baked some veggies for later use, made a banana bread and cooked some other veggies. 

I have no idea why Banana Bread is called bread. To me, it is cake (like angel food cake, or pound cake) and I am gonna have a slice with tea in a few minutes.

I had been given a small butternut squash by an old friend. I finally baked that too. I think some of it will be going into some pancakes. Pancakes can be heated up in the toaster so, I am sure some will be frozen. Do not know what to make with the rest. Will see. May be I can make a double batch of pancakes? Any other ideas?

Hope everybody has a great weekend!



6 comments:

  1. My daughter loves horror movies so I will watch them with her, but only in the daytime lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe for how long I had to check the closets and under the bed after watching that movie.

      Delete
  2. I call banana bread, bread because I feel less guilty about eating it. And banana bread is absolutely the only way bananas will ever touch my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raw butternut squash can be julienned and put in salads. You can also cut thin slices and roast with some olive oil, salt and pepper and smoked paprika if you like - until you get crispy chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I did not know if you could make chips. Next time though,
      because it is already roasted. Thank you!

      Delete