About Me

Monday, November 9, 2020

Plans for the week

Today, I did a big grocery run at two different stores. I had checked the fliers last night so, I knew where to get which product.

Tonight I am having sea bass on a bed of potatoes and sweet potatoes in the oven. Today, I found locally grown sweet potatoes ever! They were pricier than regular potatoes but still, less than half of the imported varieties. I always cringed when I paid for those imports. 

I have decided to make lasagna without noodles. I will use eggplants which I have already cooked in the oven. When I turn on the oven, I like to make at least two things. I have cut the eggplants lengthwise and soaked them in salty water before oiling them and cooking them on a sheet. They are ready for tomorrow.

I will also be cooking Thom Ka Soup tomorrow. I think, I will have enough leftovers for another day of both dishes. There will be chicken salad in this week's menu. I will also be trying the frozen hamburger patties of one of the stores I went to. My sister said it was really good so, I will wrap the hamburger patty in iceberg lettuce and forgo the bun.

There are tons of greens and radishes to make salads with. I will possibly make a chili at the end of the week.

Although I made lists, I forgot to buy carrots, pickled cucumbers and eggs. No big deal. There is a smaller grocery store within 5 minutes of my apartment.

Tomorrow I will dust and vacuum the entire apartment. Thinking about it makes me wanna run. I need to mpo the floors too but, let's not go that far yet. If I can, I will.

On Wednesday, I will dump all the pants I had been hanging on to and take a picture for Treaders. Lol!  The pants are the biggest mountain I need to climb. I will feel very light once they are gone. There are a few outerwear items mom used to wear. I will donate them too. Sigh...

I wish everyone a good and fulfilling week as we approach the end of the year real fast.



2 comments:

  1. I got rid of one bag with 8 things in it today (including an evening dress with the tag still on)! I took a picture and will update on my blog but it isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope they will find new homes and the new owners will be happy to have them. It indeed is difficult. I cannot explain my attachment to things I have never worn in over 5 years. Always hoping to drop some weight. If I do lose weight, thankfully I have the means to buy new pants.

      Delete