About Me

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Nope, I am not home yet

Yesterday afternoon, a terrible headache started to bother me. I drank plenty of water to no avail. So, I decided to check my BP and of course it was pretty high. I fought with it till early hours in the morning and decided to postpone my trip to tomorrow. If I still do not feel any better, I might postpone yet another day.

BP or not, I took the old lady to the cemetery. It was very emotional for her and she thanked me many times. Every time I come to Ankara, I try going to the cemetery so, from now on, I will ask her if she wants to go with. It is so sad to see her trying to take care of her bed-ridden husband all by herself. If I were living here, I would do more for them. I call them every week to say hi. I told them I had many friends and in case they needed anything, I can easily ask my friends so, they should not feel troubled by anything. I can even hop in the cr an be here in 5 hours if need be. 

In the Spring, when I come back here, I will find a sitter for the husband for a few hours so that, I can take her out to lunch or something. She only goes out to grocery shopping in her neighborhood. While we were driving to the cemetery she was shocked to see how much everything has changed. Poor dear.

I still have a lingering headache. Had dinner an hour ago, so I better wait another hour to check my BP again.

Meanwhile, I have two assignments: 1. My BFF in the US wants to paint her foyer with a dark tan-ish color. She loved the foyer's color of the Irish mansion in Marcella, the TV show. She showed me her three colors she selected and told me to find out which one is more like it. So, I gotta go back to a few episodes. Lol! What a task right? Yesterday we spent a half hour trying to see which sample she had, worked better under different lights in her foyer on Whatsapp Video. Love the technology. Makes it possible to be best friends with someone who lives 5 thousand miles away.

2. My SIS and BIL will be purchasing a Hybrid Toyota Corolla and since I am considered  a bit of a car enthusiast (yeah right, rolling eyes), they told me to compare and contrast the options within their budget. 

So, I better go tackle my assignments in order not to get in trouble. 

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you're feeling better - it's pretty worrying isn't it. And I'm sure that old lady appreciates what you do for her, even though you wish you could do more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better, thank you. I need to lose some weight and exercise regularly to deal with it.

      Delete