About Me

Sunday, May 26, 2019

13197 steps!

On Friday, I decided to leave the car at a parking lot in Kadıköy and take a ferry to Karakoy where I met my friend. We then walked over the Galata Bridge towards the Historic Peninsula.

After searching for stores for silver jewelry hardware and other neccesities, we have been told to go to Cemberlitas. We took the tram since, you need to go uphill for three tram stations. After my friend found what she was looking for and bought them, we walked to Sultanahmet to grab lunch. We were planning to go to the grand Bazaar when her husband called to say that their daughter's tests were over and they were ready to meet us.

We told them to walk towards Sirkeci (where the Orient Express used to leave for Europe in the past). We walked down to Sirkeci and sat down at a patisserie. The four of us had a good time just chatting and joking. Their daughter was glad the stress was over so, she was happy. We fed her different kinds of pastries and ice cream. I did not touch any sweet stuff except for two teeny pieces of Turkish Delight served alongside my coffee.

We then walked around some more to admire some newly renovated historic buildings and took a tram and a taxi cab to go pick their car. We then drove along the Bosphorus to go to a nice fish restaurant. The dinner was fabuluous and we spent a good deal of time there too. They dropped me at the ferry pier and I boarded a ferry to get back to Kadıkoy to pick up my car.

I was out from 9:00 a.m. till 11:00 p.m. and walked 13197 steps. I thought I would be sore the next day but, I wasn't. Very happy about that!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. That was a lot of steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sounding day! All these places sound so exotic :) Congrats on the steps - that's a big achievement, as is not being sore the next day! xx

    ReplyDelete