About Me

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

And voila!

 


I had set the alerts at IKEA for the darn hinges and yesterday late at night, I got a message that the hinges were now in stock at the nearest store. I jumped in the car this morning and got them. Isn't it a simple clean look? There are only 8 things in display. So much easier to dust.

I ran the vacuum and mopped the floors yesterday but, honestly, if I weren't too tired, I could have done a much better job. 

The contractor came and delivered the paint to be used in mid-June. I wanted to get the paint a.s.a.p because, the prices keep going up.

I have been trying to eat out of the freezer and fridge lately and I must admit, I did a good job this time. Only a small cauliflower, two carrots and a container of yogurt is left and I am taking them with me. Tonight's dinner is pizza, to use up the last bit of the cheese and the tomato sauce.

I took out most of the things I will put in my suitcase with the exception of my meds, computer, cables and etc. After I type and post this, I will go and pack. I want to have a relaxed dinner and night knowing that all is done.

My uncle told me to get tablecloths for the table on his balcony. I asked him the dimensions and he had no clue. Lol! Why are men like this? I told him to measure it and get back to me. I took out two from my stash which do not fit my table. I guess mom had bought them for me but, they are rectangular and my table is round, oval when opened. They do not fit my table open or closed. I am hoping, they will fit his table. If not, I will get him new ones. 

I think, I will leave some of my beach stuff in Antalya this time. 

On Thursday, I will have my winter tires changed, pick up my new glasses and hopefully get my car washed. On Friday, I will do a little shopping since SIS and BIL will be coming for the Ramadan Feast which starts on Sunday. The day after the holiday, my cousin and I will be heading for Antalya. Uncle will be having her two nieces one from his late sister's side, other from his late brother's. Cousin will fly back home on the 12th.

14 comments:

  1. Your unit looks very nice indeed - all decluttered right!!!! And thanks for mentioning the word "hinge"! I want to buy some wood and have a go at making a little enclosure for my veggie patch and would have forgotten a couple of hinges (had to look it up in French). Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, those darn hinges made me almost unhinged. Good luck with your garden!

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing! Your trip sounds fun and relaxing, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely and fresh. Have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your set up for the tv! Very pretty. and I like your flooring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA! You got the hinges and it looks so nice. I hope you have wonderful and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very
    Love your new TV stand. Have a good trip

    ReplyDelete