About Me

Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday

Today I woke up to a freezing cold, rainy and gloomy day. I decided to go to IKEA no matter what but, it was a total bust. They did not have most of the items to assemble my TV unit. The funniest thing is that same parts can be ordered online, to be shipped within two days (if you believe that). I guess all three stores and the online store manage their own iventory and do not transfer parts to each other.. Interesting.

I ordered the parts online and hopefully, they will be here some time this week.

The shoes are dropped at the nearest charity box. I haven't started with the books yet. I will start with clothes first but I am sure, there is not much to donate after the big purge last year. At least I will put away some warm clothes. 

Tomorrow, I will meet with the guy who will take the CDs and that will be a relief.

I did not get much done today. The weather affects my mood I guess. Hoever, I did identify more than 3 things to purge. 

Hope, the weather gets better.

Have a great week everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Life gets complicated doesn't it? I have decided the easiest thing to do is just order things to be shipped and hope for the best.
    Nice purging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The point is you found 3 things to purge :) yay! The weather today here in toronto is also gloomy, and some parts saw snow! Ugh, i cannot wait until summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I put away all my warm clothes so, summer better hurries up.

      Delete
  3. Having the same kind of weather here - half way across the world in the midwest! Blah. Just gray, dreary, cold & wet today. Oh, it snowed, too. And by the weekend they are saying we should be in the 80's.

    Anyone who doesn't believe in climate change has to be a few cards short of a full deck! Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Till Friday, the weather will be in mid-40s and on Friday it will jump up to 70s. Absolutely crazy.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are making consistent progress with the decluttering. One of our big fabric stores does that, so I can order a bunch of things online and they get sent from different stores all over Australia - must cost them a lot in postage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with the rising costs of oil, the transportation costs have sky-rocketed.

      Delete
  5. A trip to IKEA is an adventure in itself. But well done for still going strong with the purging!

    ReplyDelete