About Me

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Getting Ready

I will be going back home tomorrow. I plan to be home till 27th or 28th of April and then come back to Ankara. After Ramadan Feast, I want to head to Antalya. I will probably stay till June 7th or 8th. 

The idea of going to the US in July started to grow on me. Although, now it is more expensive than ever, I think, I should be able to do it on the income I will have generated by then through just one of my part-time jobs. 

I used to buy lots of  brand name clothing items for SIS, BIL and Uncle but, looking at their wardrobes, let alone needing anything, they have excess. Last time I really went overboard on shopping for them. This time, just a couple of well worth items will be sufficient as gifts.

I think, I will fly with Turkish Airlines this time. They have 4 direct flights to NY every day and they allow 2 suitcases for free per person. Less expensive flights have one stop and they allow only one suitcase. I always pay excess baggage so, the price matches the direct flight. I also like to break the trip to stretch my legs but, with the pandemic still very effective, I think it is better to fly direct. 

----------------------

After I wrote the above my BFF M, whom I will be visiting in the US, called me and we watched the final episode of  The Night Manager. I told her that I started looking up airfare and she said she wants to come visit for a week or so too. So, we are going to try to see if she can come with me on my return trip and spend a week here in Turkey. Yay! That would be awesome!

Off I go to check airfare. 




2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your ticket search!
    I think it is exciting that you are planning a trip to the states. In fact you are just a traveler right now. You only get one life so you might as well spend it doing what you like to do and seeing those who are important to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can find a reasonable ticket. We just came back from a family trip to Puerto Rico ( 4 days) and the flight was packed. I hope to see you in NY.

    ReplyDelete