About Me

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Nice break

Yesterday I had to go to some hospital at the other end of the city for my part time gig with the medical association. On the way back, I dropped by my friend who owns the headhunting business. I gave her the air mattress and the laptop she had given me. I had given up using that long time ago because, it has a slow mouse. I could not fix that problem and it was driving me crazy. My old beloved laptop is still fine.

I ended up staying for dinner and I had a nice time with her and her husband. For now, I am done with ethe work but, I will go back to pick up a couple of positions in the Fall. Fall and Winter are good times to work. Although annoying, that gig gives me a purpose and a bit of money.

Last evening, I received a text from one of my High School friends saying that another friend was in town and they would be having breakfast at the restaurant run by the Culinary Arts Academy of  Istanbul at the Sakip Sabanci Museum. They were able to get a reservation for 9 a.m. and asked me if I wanted to join them. I happily accepted. Two more friends joined us and the five of us had a great time. After days of purging and working hard, these two get togethers were a welcome change of pace. It was a beautiful day, partly cloudy but nice.

I rushed home by noon time to meet the contractor for the paint job estimate. He is a nice guy and it was nice to meet him again. He had done a great job when I redid my bathroom and kitchen. 

In the afternoon, I only did a load of laundry, shifted just a few things around and napped. So, not much was accomplished today. Tomorrow, I am starting the big clean-up. I have decided to wash the windows only from the inside because, I will not be home for a long time and I am sure it will rain several times making a mess with all the pollen.

I am not done with the TV bench yet. I have figured out a way to hide the cables better so, I will do some minimal dismantling. 

Decided to go to Ankara on Wednesday. I made dinner and used up all the chopped meat in the freezer. I have leftovers for tomorrow too. I think, I will be able to use up all that can go bad before I leave. If I can't, they are coming with me.

Hope everyone is having a great spring weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of many places I would rather eat than a culinary arts school. I remember going to one of the hotel schools in Geneva to eat one time and the food (and service) was sublime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly awesome but a bit too pricey I must admit. Good place to take guests to be sure.

      Delete