About Me

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Is it just me?

I sit down to work, be on the Internet, read a book or just do something sitting for an hour or even more and then, I get up to go to the bathroom or to make tea or something else in another room and my phone rings. 

Every time I walk away from my phone, it rings. I always have to come running back.  I started taking my phone with me everywhere at home just because, I know it will if I don't. 

And here is another one: Whenever I am on the phone with someone, someone or sometimes more than one person tries calling me. I can hear the call in the background. Then I will have to call back. Why do people have to call me at the same time? 

Is it just me? Or does anyone have the same problem?

Today I attacked the bookcases. First I carried the magazine holders to my car as I had planned. That cleared two shelves. 

It has always been my dream to have things grouped and stored properly. Today, I finally managed that with certain things. My travel books, cookbooks and personal finance books are all grouped together. I will pull all travel items like baggage tags, travel pillows, locks and etc and put them in one box. I also pulled all my photo albums, photos that are in boxes and envelopes together and put them in one huge box. I would've loved to digitize them and get rid of the physical ones but, the scanner I bought was not great in scanning printed pictures. It did work wonders with the dia-positives though.

I set aside quiet a few books that I would like to give away. 

I am also giving an air mattres that I never used, to a friend. Her daughter is going to Med school in Belgium and she has a very small apartment. My friend had mentioned that the air mattress she had for guests was no longer in usable condition. Remembering that I asked her if she still needed one and she has happily accepted. I am glad some of my things are finding their way to people who will actually use them.

I cancelled the IKEA order because it looked like they would not be able to deliver. There are two IKEAs not too far from me. The one closest did not carry most of the parts but, today I decided to check the other and they show everything I need in stock. As soon as I finish this post I will go get the TV bench. Then, I will finish what I have started today. I am hoping to be done by all purging by Friday. I will deep clean my home before I leave for vacation. 

Hope you are having a nice and productive day!


10 comments:

  1. I don't get very many calls, but I swear if I do leave my phone on the desk during the day or on the chair in the evening, it will ring. I hope you have luck today getting your new tv bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got everything I needed. Tomorrow, I will put it together and transfer the TV on to the new one.

      Delete
  2. I don't get a lot of calls but I get WhatsApp voice messages! So that takes up time. I have my phone with me all the time anyway, and sometimes I may send a voice note while I shower haha. Glad to see the cleaning continues!! A good air mattress goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost never use the voice message option of Whatsapp. I do not know why. You made me crack up with the shower message. Lol!

      Delete
  3. I get calls from only 5 people regularly and I know pretty much what time each of them will call. Other than that if I miss a call I jut miss it and will return it at some time. The only time I keep my phone with me is if I am expecting a specific call.
    I hope when you got to IKEA they had all the parts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully they had everything. Tomorrow is the day to put it together.

      Delete
  4. Ha, I always swore the phone was somehow linked to my knickers because as soon as I went to the bathroom someone would call - either that or the doorbell would ring! So no it's not just you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that I am not alone. Remember the Pink Panther cartoons from our childhood? Only he would get wet because the rain would move with him. Lol!

      Delete
  5. I only answer the phone for family, everyone else goes to message bank.You're doing well on the decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is hard work but very rewarding.

      Delete