About Me

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Purge Purge Purge!

As of today, all the stuff in the picture I posted yesterday are gone.

The ironing board and some other decorative items are also gone.

There are some items that will indefinitely stay with me and here are some examples:


My dad had put together the model ships on display here. So, they will forever be with me along with the framed puzzles mom made. Also, I am a big fan of sunflowers so, everything I own with sunflowers are not going anywhere.

I called the manager of the apartment complex and asked his help for things that can be of use to someone. Here are the pictures of things that are gone in addition to the picture I posted yesterday:






The wooden boat was already broken so, that went into re-cycling. Shoes in the blue bag will be placed in a donation box a block away. The infamous ironing board is gone.along with the glass bowl and the weird flowery decorative item. There was a vase that came with it which houses my sunflowers. That stays.

I walked to the two tennis courts by me and checked out if there was a tennis instructor. Luckily, there was a guy giving tennis lessons and I asked him if he would like two rackets for free. He happily accepted and I walked back to the apartment, brought the rackets to him and there! Two more items! Whohooo! Now I gotta find a skiing instructor.

As you can see there are no rugs on the floors in my apartment.. Thanks to my allergies, I had to get rid of them few years ago. Makes cleaning so much easier (if I get to doing it). 

It looks like I will be able to get rid of the big TV unit and get something small and more practical/useful. So, that is next on my list. However, I have to find the replacement first. This has been on my mind forever. I looked up IKEA and there is a reasonable-ish TV bench that I liked. Tomorrow, I may go to IKEA to pick it up. It is an easy unit for me to put together. There are inexpensive alternatives elsewhere but, the colors don't go with my living room. 

I feel very liberated. My friend M said, it must have felt like burning the bras. Lol! Very revolutionary indeed. 

I gotta tell you that this purging business is messy. Things get scattered around. So, I will be cleaning the closet at the entrance today and now that I have freed some shelves from shoe boxes, I may make use of those shelves to put away things that have been taking space in my living room. A pair of dumbbells, my med bag, a box that houses three drawers where I keep my stationary and printer paper comes to mind.

Gotta go and take care of the closet. 


9 comments:

  1. Amazing job, keep up the good work!!! Love how your tennis rackets found a new home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did well today too. Will post about that.

      Delete
  2. OMG! you are on a roll!! It is liberating isn't it? I pretty much have an old ironing board like that, LOL. The other day dh said I should get rid of it, but it's the only one I have so he said, well at least get a new cover for it, which I should do, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you iron a lot? I hate ironing with a vengeance. Mom used to iron bed linens and towels. I buy practical items that do not need ironing. When I was working full time, the cleaning lady would come every week and she would iron my shirts and pants.

      Delete
    2. No! I rarely iron, but when you need one you need one, haha. I too buy stuff that doesn't typically need ironing and when I do need to iron a shirt or something I pull out the best invention ever - Downy Wrinkle Release. Spray a bit of that on and wrinkles gone!

      Delete
  3. Once you start it gets so much easier to continue!
    I iron on demand, but I have very few demands for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Part of the reason is, things get scattered around and messy and you don't want to live with that.

      Delete
  4. Well done you on all that decluttering! It was pretty inspired of you to talk to the apartment manager! But your friend's bra must be pretty sturdy if she equated burning it to getting rid of all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! She says she needs to declutter too. So, if I go to visit her this year, I promised to help her.

      Delete