About Me

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Reclaimed Spaces

Yesterday, I felt a bit overwhelmed when I started with the bookcases. I remember going through them with mom a few years ago, sigh... Apparently, I could not let go of many things during that round. Well, I did better yesterday. I am sure, I can let go some more but, the reclaimed spaces yesterday was sufficient and I was tired. Honestly, I could not remember some of the books and want to read them again. 

SIS thought he had my dad's matchbox collection but, no, I have that. I told her I could give the collection to her and she agreed. I will take that to Ankara and leave it there for her.

Today the apartment looks worse but I know, I am getting there.

The trip to the other IKEA went well and I got everything I thought I needed. Today I started putting the new TV bench together. It looks like I needed 6 legs but I bought 4. I gotta go back to get two more. No big deal. Putting together this unit is easy because there are no drawers, just two doors and shelves.

I re-arranged and changed places of a few things. I am pretty happy with the bookcases. I want to clean the two back rooms and the bathroom thoroughly over the weekend. I do not think I have enough time to deal with the buffet/sideboard. However, that is going to be relatively easy. 

The contractor will come to give me an estimate on the paint job and we shall decide on a date in June.

I am waiting for the guys to come and pick up the old TV unit. If they do not show up till 5 p.m., I will just push it outside my door and leave it there. Because, I have to go to IKEA to get those legs.

I took a short break to write these. Gotta go back and keep on working.


10 comments:

  1. It's coming along swimmingly! IT always looks worse before it looks better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tough job and I had moments when I wanted to stop. So, far I am still rolling.

      Delete
  2. You don't need six legs to assemble an IKEA unit - you need six arms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! The moment I opened the instruction booklet, I saw that it was two-man job but, I can be stubborn as a goat.

      Delete
  3. You are on FIRE girl! I need to keep purging too so we can sell and move..
    Keep it up. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good motivator. Who wants to bring along unnecessary stuff to a new home?

      Delete
  4. You'll have to show us a picture of your new tv stand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo for found real estate in your home. I tell myself every day I must get busy purging and everyday I read instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading trumps all house chores in my book. Happy reading! There will come a time when you will feel compelled to purge.

      Delete