About Me

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Busy Sunday Updated Edition

After I posted below, I got to work on the TV bench. I opened the box for the door and I found out that there are no hinges. Yup! They sell a door without it's hinges and none of the people warned me about it. On top of that, they are all out of hinges. I have checked stocks of all IKEA stores and none of them has hinges in stock. How stupid is this? So, my project will remain unfinished just because of a stupid supply chain issue. UGH!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I have only two more days before I go on my vacation, I am trying to get the house clean.I am done re-organizing my bedroom and the guest room. After I post this, I will go clean up the bathroom cabinets. 

I have tossed few more items as I was re-arranging the closets. I found a lot of hangers from the dry cleaners by me. I am taking them to the guy who owns the place. Since I do not work, I rarely need dry cleaning nowadays but, every hanger is a cost to him. So, I am thinking he will be glad to get 25 free hangers. Another thing re-cycled and re-used. BTW, the hangers are not the wire type ones. They are mostly plastic. So, this will be a tiny help for the landfills.

My sister and I were talking about doing some improvement at my uncle's home this year. I mentioned that I had a bunch of extra sheets that I no longer want and she told me to bring them to Ankara and give them to her FIL's caregiver. My trunk is already full before I even put my own suitcase in there.

Today, I need to be done with the TV bench and the bathroom cabinets, make my packing list.

Tomorrow, I need to dust, wash the windows from the inside and pack everything that I would like to take with me first to Ankara, then to Antalya. On Tuesday, I will run the big vacuum cleaner all around the house, mop the floors and clean the fridge. 

So far, my quest to purge was successful thanks to my readers who cheered and motivated me. Once I am done with the cleaning, I will post some pictures. 


10 comments:

  1. Well done on taking the hangers back - as you say, that's one more thing kept out of the landfill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I cannot believe how wasteful humans have become.

      Delete
  2. You totally rocked the decluttering project! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I feel totally drained today.

      Delete
  3. Very good!. Now take a photo of the ikea part with your phone and every time you are somewhere with an ikea you can check on the availability!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opted for the alert option at quiet a few locations I will be around. They will notify me when they receive the part.

      Delete
  4. Maybe you can find some Ikea-buyer that got hinges and no door!

    ReplyDelete