About Me

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Keep on purging

It was time to say goodbye to a 32 year old Walkman I had been holding on to for who knows why. Along with that, a bunch of casettes, an old camera, some old phone chargers, cables that I no longer need and an old phone found their way in a bag which will be taken to the electronics re-cycle box tomorrw by yours truly.

I also got rid of receipts, some junk that was taking up space, a pair of ski pants and two tablecloths.

A friend of a friend who collects music CDs will take my CDs. I am going to have to take them to him because, he does not have a car but, luckily he lives not too far from me.

Also, I reached out to a childhood friend and asked him if would like to take my father's History magazines back from the 60's and 70's. I had them forever and never lifted a cover. He is getting his PhD on History and he is a collector. I do not have a sentimental attachment to those. I have dad' model ships, matchbox collection and some ceramics he painted and best of all fond memories. So, if a history enthusiast will read the magazines or use them as references, I will be happy and this will save me two shelves of my library.

I will sort through the books again and will donate the ones I do not wish to keep. I am thinking at least two more shelves to free. 

I contacted my contractor for the apartment to be painted in June. He will come some time next week to give me an estimate. I will not wash the curtains before the paint job.

I am glad I started decluttering and purging. A fresh coat of paint will be the cherry on top when I am done. 

It sounds like a lot but honestly, I did not spend hours on this. It was a relaxing and productive weekend. 

I hope to get up early tomorrow and go to IKEA for the new TV bench. Can't wait to get rid of the old one especially now that it looks empty. Haha!

HAPPY EASTER to those who celebrate!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! You're good decluttering boss, what can I tell? Haha!

      Delete
  2. Goodness me, you look like the Energizer Bunnie to me right now. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I purge and claim space, I get more motivated.

      Delete
  3. I think your dad would be thrilled you passed on those history mags to someone who will actually read them! What a great idea! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just could not bear the thought of putting them in the recycling bin.

      Delete
  4. Way to go and I am betting you will like your apartment even more as you remove items you are not using or attached to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juhli. That is what I am hoping for.

      Delete
  5. It must feel so liberating getting rid of unnecessary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely does. I also feel enegetic and accomplished. Lol!

      Delete