About Me

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Busy Monday

A busy day is ahead of me tomorrow. 

The cleaning lady will come around 9:30 a.m. and, I will take uncle to the train station at 11:00 a.m. Then, I will go to the farmers market. Every day, there are farmers markets in some neighborhoods in our cities. The closest one to me is on Sundays. I do not like that because, it is impossible to park and is usually very crowded. I prefer a couple of others, one on Mondays and another on Fridays. They usually take up a few side streets in the neighborhood and everybody knows those streets will be closed on certain days. These markets have a lot of vendors and their produce is much fresher than the grocery stores.

After my grocery run, I will go to our office to work for a couple of hours. On my way back, I will quickly grab some chicken/turkey and fish. 

I am hoping to clean up and prepare my fresh produce once I come home. If stored properly, nothing will be wasted. I also would like to finally make the French Onion Soup I have been craving. Uncle was not too keen on it so, I did not make it earlier. Let's see if I will be able to do all this.

The last two nights, I have slept rather poorly. Do not know what is wrong. I blame the heat so, I shut off the heater in my bedroom. Central heating is efficient generally but, for people who do not like heat much, it is an unnecessary expense.

Wishing everyone a great week!

5 comments:

  1. It's funny to read what you are craving. I have been craving it for quite a while and am leaning toward having it this week also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny! French onion soup is not even a thing in Turkey. I doubt if more than a handful of people know it here.

      Delete
  2. How I envie you! No markets here in winter. We do have an outdoor market in my town in the summer and fall but extremely expensive. I also keep my temperature low in order to sleep.



    my temperature low









    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Monday is super productive and the soup sounds delicious! I am off to work soon, after a busy weekend, I think I have no free weekends until February now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm, French onion soup. The best I ever had was up at Chamonix Mont Blanc. It was freezing cold but beautiful and I'm sure the ambiance had something to do with it, but man it was good!

    ReplyDelete