About Me

Friday, January 27, 2023

Friday Things

Today was a busy but, good day. 

The cleaning lady came today. I provide lunch for her because, she comes around 10 a.m. and leaves by 5 p.m. I made Chicken Francese served over pasta and she enjoyed it.

 After lunch, I left for IKEA. It is literally 15 minutes from where I live. There are a total of 3 IKEA stores in Istanbul and two are close to me.

I was looking for suitable containers to store flour and a silicone baking mat. I found the containers but, they were out of the baking mats. I also found these shoe bags and grabbed three of them to use while traveling. I used to use old grocery bags and they were rather flimsy and throwing them out each time after use was filling the landfills with plastic. Nowadays, I am using re-usable bags for groceries. These shoe bags look sturdy and they are washable. 

Today, I got rid of the paint cans left from the painting of the house in June. There weren't much paint left in any of them anyway.

I also got rid of an old broom and dust pan which were in poor condition. I have a small dust pan and a brush and those are enough for I barely use them. I also tossed some old papers such as expired insurance policies, services that have been cancelled, etc. These days almost everything is digital. I am down to three binders where I keep necessary papers. 

Before I returned home, I also went to the Farmers Market briefly to get just a few veggies to tie me over till next Friday.

I currently have two "experiments" going on right now. The lentils are sprouting. I can probably put them in my salad in a few days. I also started a sourdough starter. I had failed on this one in the past but, we'll see.

I had an interview at 5:30 p.m. Another candidate for the current customer. 

So, all in all it was a productive day.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a productive day, that lunch sounds delicious! We are in the final stretch for my sister's wedding, just to do my eyebrows tomorrrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the wedding! And thanks for reminding me my eyebrows. Haha!

      Delete