About Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

No heading for this post

You know I work part time as a headhunter. We have been experiencing a strange situation lately. I interviewed a young woman and recommended her to our Customer. They agreed to interview her right away which is great, right? So, I called the candidate and she did not answer her phone. OK, she is busy. No problem. 

I waited and waited but, she never returned my call so, I sent her a WhatsApp message. She read it, no answer. I asked my young colleague to call her since I was going to be busy today. She called. No answer. I sent another message telling her that we had been trying to reach her and hoped everything was OK with her. She read the message. No answer. Another colleague called her. No answer. 

I finally decided to send her an e-mail thinking that may be her phone has been stolen or something. If we receive no answer, I will wait till the evening tomorrow and let the company know that she is not getting back to us. I do not know whether I should be worried about her health or safety. Is it ignorance? Can it be? I have no idea. Just so strange.

Today, I had two different bank experiences for the same transaction. 

I am sure I have mentioned that I keep some of my foreign currency in safety deposit boxes because I do not trust the Government. I had two safety deposit boxes at two different banks on two different continents. They are not too expensive to have and until today, they have served their purpose.

I have been contemplating to get rid of them for a while now, because a big earthquake is expected in Istanbul. So, I had moved most of my money and gold coins to a safety deposit box in Ankara and both my SIS and I can access that which makes it mor econvenient and sensible.

Last week, the customer rep of one of the banks that I work with called and offered an investment opportunity. I researched it and it made sense, so I decided to add the amounts I had in the SDBs to my account and invest. It also provided me the reason to go and close the two SDBs.

So, I went to Bank A, took a number, waited for about 5 minutes for a bank person to take me downstairs. I then had to sign a couple of papers and I was out of there in 15 minutes tops.

I then when to Bank Z, and was told I had to wait for about 40 minutes because they had specific times that they served SDB customers. I asked them where they posted this information and the teller said "On the SDB entrance" you know the big ass steel door which you can only see when they take you downstairs. I sighed and did not say anything. After all, I am not going to deal with them again. I would understand it if the branch was crowded but it wasn't. 

So, I missed the opportunity to go to Bank F and sign up for the investment today. I have to go there tomorrow. Oh, well...


4 comments:

  1. Oh, the bureaucracy! One thing I like about US is the way they deal with business in general. Even in Europe, specially France they give you hard time. That girl has probably accepted another offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have always envied the US in tems of bureaucracy. It was something I had noticed even in the early 90's.

      Delete
  2. I would be annoyed both with the young lady for not getting back to you and Bank Z for making you wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The young lady hasn't answered us yet and I think, I now need to tell the customer that they will not be meeting her. I am truly concerned about her health and safety but, there is nothing I can do.

      Delete