About Me

Friday, January 6, 2023

Plans

I have postponed my physical to February 15th. Uncle and I have been enjoying rich food lately so, I should get back on track with healthy eating and exercising. He is leaving on Monday. 

I am setting myself a goal of eating fish and chicken only till my physical. No red and fatty meat. I will also be eating lentils, beans and chick peas with lots of fresh greens. Also, decided to limit my carb consumption and see how that goes. 

I have also been spending a bit too much. So, from 10th of January till the end of February, I am limiting my purchases to fresh produce, dairy and water only. I will pay the regular bills, the cleaning lady, pay for my physical and fill my gas tank once during this time. No clothing items, toiletries, impulse buys and etc.

Whenever I challenge myself like this, something always comes up and I end up spending money. We'll see how this one will go.

Earlier, I had mentioned that I was watching some YouTube channels. I would like to share them here:

https://www.youtube.com/@AcreHomestead Becky is a young mom. She likes to plant veggies, can her garden harvest and preserve all sorts of food. She is a very positve young woman. I like to watch her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheOutsiderCabin Father and son built a cabin in the woods. Unfortunately the dad passed last year. Their building process is fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/@ImprovedHealth I like to do exercises with this lady. She is very cool and not talkative. She has exercises for older people or people who are starting again.

https://www.youtube.com/@country_life_vlog This is a blog from Azerbaijan. There is barely any talk but, I am so hooked to watching them. They keep a very clean farm. They also have a small cabin in the mountains. What they cook is similar to what we have at home but, the lady makes enormous amounts at a time. They also can and preserve food. Very interesting to me. Rarely they talk a little and I can pick up a few words because Azerbaijani is a form of Turkic languages like ours. I have never been there but, my friends who have visited the country tell me that, you can understand each other despite talking in different versions of Turkish. 

Wishing everybody a nice and warm weekend. 



6 comments:

  1. Hi Tpol. Happy New year again. I postponed my physical too because I indulged too much during last month and I am scared to see that AC1 number. I used to watch that country life vlog but haven’t done it in while. I really enjoyed watching it. I would like to visit Azerbaijan one day. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farah, Hope all is well with you. As for postponing physicals, like minds think alike I guess. Lol! I would like to visit Azerbaijan too and it's only a 3 hour flight from Istanbul.

      Delete
  2. I just bought Wendy's ... LMAO! Hopefully better eating habits come for me soon, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I do not like fast food. I especially do not like French fries. If I have to, I will go for a Whopper at BK. What frustrates me most is that buying a single sandwich is makes less sense than buying the menu that comes with fries and a drink. A Whopper sandwich at BK is 84 TL wheras a Whopper Menu is 94. So, one feels sort of obliged to buy the menu.

      Delete
  3. Ha I used to try to push back my medicals to try to "get myself in order" too - never worked! And thanks for those Youtube links. I already watched the Azerbaijani couple - they are amazing aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try my best about getting myself in order. May be I should post what I eat and do here on the blog. The Azerbaijani couple is amazing. They obviously respect their environment.

      Delete