About Me

Monday, January 9, 2023

Oh those plans...

I was planning to go to a Farmers Market today but, ended up going to a grocery store instead. Here is a picture of my mini haul.




I am hoping that these, along with my pantry and fridge contents will tie me over till next Friday. The orange juice was an impulse purchase but, I couldn't help it. The guy squeezed it right in front of me and it is so good. The string cheese is for breakfast and for snacking. 

I cut up the chicken breasts and put them in a lemon marinade. Portion sizes are being frozen at the moment. I have also made the French Onion Soup. Yay! Tonight's dinner was soup and salad.

I think the Farmers Market open on Fridays is the best. I will use what is already on hand till next Friday. 

Today I received my new yearly homeowner's insurance policy in mail and I could not believe my eyes so, I asked the insurance guy what is going on. Apparently the Government has tripled something that makes insurance this expensive. Absolutely ridiculuous!

I really do hope that the house in Konya will be sold this year. Tired of spending money for nothing.

Tomorrow I will go back to exercising which I have stopped a while ago. Hopefully. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Fresh squeezed orange juice is hard to resist. I hope the grocries last you until you need them to. Prices are just going up everywhere, so ridiculous !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see crazy inflation here in this country. Absolutely ridiculuous.

      Delete
  2. good luck with your exercising. I pick up my monthly produce box on Wednesday so will blog about it on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would like to sign for a produce box too but, even the smallest versions are too much food for a single person.

      Delete
  3. I am feeling a little envious of the French onion soup.
    I will join you hoping the house sells. Once we closed on Mom's house it was bittersweet, but what a load off of my sister and me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hassle to brown so many onions but, it was worth the effort. Unlike me, you do have the option to go out and have a bowl. So go! Lol!

      Delete